Nigel Priestley to deliver Kinship Care webinar
Tuesday 20 March 2012
Ridley & Hall’s Senior Partner Nigel Priestley is to deliver a CPD accredited presentation ‘A Practical Guide to Kinship Care’ which will be available on DVD or via webinar.
This will consider the continuing duty owed by the local authority and the legal rights of both the child and the kinship carer and will cover the following topics:
- Care Planning, guardianship orders and care orders
- Case law and legal requirements – financial and support obligations
- The importance of Family and Friends Care – Statutory guidance for local authorities strengthening the role of kinship carers
- Local authority accountability for children deemed ‘not looked-after’
- Implications for local authorities of the judgement in SA v Kent County Council
- Out of borough placements – know your liability
- Are special guardianship orders storing up a support time-bomb?
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12.30pm on Tuesday 17 April 2012 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days. For booking information please visit the MBL Seminars website at this link.
The ‘Practical Guide to Kinship Care’ preview is shown below.
This webinar has been approved for the following:
1.25 CPD hours by The Solicitors Regulation Authority (CVX/MBLS)
1.25 CPD hours by The Institute of Legal Executives (CVXMBL)
1.25 CPD hours by The Institute of Paralegals