Request a call back
Send us your contact details and we’ll call you!
Share this page
We are hiring !
Experienced Community Care Court of Protection Solicitor
Minimum 3 years PQE
Salary dependent on experience
Permanent Full time
Closing date: 30th of November 2017
Ridley & Hall are an award-winning firm of solicitors, based in Yorkshire, with a national profile; Passionate about making a difference to peoples’ lives by being innovative and forward thinking. Caring about helping their clients to solve their legal problems. Avoiding complicated legal jargon and clear about the cost involved of any advice that is given.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic motivated and experienced lawyer to join this long established, forward thinking firm. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a wide variety of experience in the following areas:
- Advising on community care assessments – either a failure to assess and the ability to review or dispute assessments
- Judicial Review
- Care Act services
- NHS Continuing Healthcare / health service provision and its’ interface with social care
- Eligibility for legal aid and a working knowledge of CCMS
- Mental Capacity Act and Court of Protection
- Deprivation of liberty challenges
Your responsibilities will include:
- Day to day handling of a wide variety of cases
- Experience of running your own case load and being able to pick up cases part way through
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients
- Work as part of the team
- Supervision of others within your team
- A commitment to the development of the business and marketing activities
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge and excellent client care skills
- Experience of Legal Aid Supervision, Services for Children, Carers Rights and Needs.
- Proficient in Charging for services or knowledge of the eligibility criteria for public services.
- Good written and verbal communication to deal with a broad range of clients and the willingness to provide the highest standard of client care.
- Outstanding interpersonal and marketing skills with the ability to develop contacts for the firm.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet the deadlines
- Strong decision making skills
- Self-starter, motivator and meticulous
To apply for this exciting opportunity send your CV and a covering letter to the Practice Manager Tracey Armitage.
No agencies calls or emails please.